Posted 11th June 2019
Parker Building Supplies is building Sussex and Kent’s future, one brick and block at a time. We supply a huge range of building, plumbing and joinery materials alongside specialist ironmongery, kitchens and bathrooms from 15 locations across the region – so wherever you are working you’ll find a Parker’s branch with knowledgeable staff ready to help and a delivery service second to none. We are proud to be Sussex and Kent’s favourite independent builder’s merchant.
We have five specialist divisions covering the complete range of building materials, plumbing supplies, kitchens, joinery and architectural ironmongery – over 10,000 products all at competitive prices. Our 15 heavy side branches are supplemented by specialist divisions, Parker Building Supplies, Parker Kitchens, Parker Plumbing Supplies, Parker Joinery & Parker Ironmongery
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Branch Manager to manage our successful and busy branches in Kent. We are looking for someone with trade sector experience and product knowledge of heavyside building materials. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-growing renowned Builders Merchant in the South East.
What you will be responsible for:
– You will have complete responsibility for the day to day management of a successful branch
– You will have primary responsibilities for driving the growth of the business, including profit and loss responsibility
– Staff development, coaching and ensuring that health and safety is adhered to.
– You will be commercially astute with a proven ability to influence staff members and drive sales.
– Our success is built on strong relationships with our colleagues and customers so it’s essential you can coach and develop a team to deliver the highest standards of service. There is great potential to take this branch to the next level. It is a busy branch with a fast paced/busy trade counter.
Who we are looking for:
– Proven experience of branch management within the merchant sector or trade sector
– High level of customer service and trading skills
– Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
– Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
– Knowledge of building materials
– Successful track record of branch management within the construction supply sector
– Organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
– The ability to multitask, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
– Personable, outgoing and a team player
HOURS OF WORK
Full Time – 45 hours per week
The branch opening hours are Monday to Friday from 07:00 to 17.30 & Saturdays from 08.00 to 12.00. You would be required to work 45 hours per week between these opening hours
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
In return for your hard work, we offer an excellent benefit package including a highly competitive rate of pay, a monthly bonus scheme, pension, discounted staff purchasing, WPA healthcare and long service benefits.
Branch Manager – Kent - Kent