Finance Assistant - Polegate
Posted 10th May 2019
Parker Building Supplies is building Sussex and Kent’s future, one brick and block at a time. We supply a huge range of building, plumbing and joinery materials alongside specialist ironmongery, kitchens and bathrooms from 15 locations across the region – so wherever you are working you’ll find a Parker’s branch with knowledgeable staff ready to help and a delivery service second to none. We are proud to be Sussex and Kent’s favourite independent builder’s merchant.
We have five specialist divisions covering the complete range of building materials, plumbing supplies, kitchens, joinery and architectural ironmongery – over 10,000 products all at competitive prices. Our 15 heavy side branches are supplemented by specialist divisions, Parker Building Supplies, Parker Kitchens, Parker Plumbing Supplies, Parker Joinery & Parker Ironmongery
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Part Time Finance Assistant to join our busy finance team on an temporary basis at our Branch Support Centre in Polegate.
What should a Finance Assistant be doing?
To undertake any other duties or responsibilities as may be required from time to time
- Processing of Accounts Payable expense invoices onto Kerridge
- Obtaining individual Managers’ approval of expense invoices for payment
- Office administration tasks as necessary
- Undertaking all financial duties in line with the Company Financial Management Policies and Procedures
- Receiving in of branch cash and ‘till reconciliation reports’
- Reconciliation of ‘till reconciliation reports’ to Kerridge cash tills
- Preparation of all cash/cheques for collection or banking
- Contributes to the team by maintaining effective levels of communication to achieve shared objectives
- Contributes to the improvement process
- Health, Safety, and Environment
- Adheres to the health, safety and environment rules and regulations
- Maintains a high level of housekeeping within the section and branch.
- Maintains a tidy and hazard free working environment.
What should a Finance Assistant be equipped with?
- Numeracy & Literacy: Confident in working with and able to interpret numerical and written information.
- Systems (IT & Administrative): Competent in the use of branch-based computer packages to meet customer needs. Knowledge of company administrative procedures.
- Training: To attend Training courses as and when required to enable you to fully discharge your duties.
- Finance & Accounting Systems: Ability in Finance and accounting systems
- Financial Administrative Tasks: Competent in all Financial Administrative Tasks
How should a Finance Assistant be doing this?
- Customer Focus: Exceeds customer expectations by understanding and meeting customer needs. Establishes good relationships with customers. Is sensitive and supportive of others. Is approachable and professional.
- Communication: Approaches situations with confidence, communicates clearly and appropriately, ensuring communications are understood across the team. Is able to convey information across all levels. Listens to others, shares information, and is credible.
- Delivering Results: Assumes personal ownership for achieving results. Sets clearly defined objectives and plans activities to achieve them. Manages time effectively, prioritising appropriately. Removes obstacles to achieve results. Adapts to unexpected events and is flexible. Follows company policies and procedures. Makes clear decisions, using own initiative and understands consequences.
- Personal Drive: Demonstrates personal drive, enthusiasm, integrity and honesty. Builds trust, respect and loyalty. Copes well with pressure and remains calm.
- Teamwork: Demonstrates an interest in and an understanding of others. Adapts to the team, listens when others are speaking and seeks out options and communicates proactively. Supports others within the branch and is willing to help out when others are in need
What kind of person should a Finance Assistant be?
Personality and Motivation
- Conscientious – Focuses on getting tasks finished by being methodical, organised and systematic, persists until the job is done.
- Confident – Effective communication skills in a variety of situations.
- Rule Following – Follows rules and regulations.
- Target Driven – Needs to achieve targets, strives to overcome difficult challenges.
- Sociable – Thrives on meeting people, harmonious teamwork and helping others
- Active – Invests energy readily.
Hours of work:
Part time – Mon – Fri 5 hrs per day
The branch support centre opening hours are Monday to Friday from 08.00 – 17.00
What you will receive:
In return for your hard work, we offer an excellent benefit package including a highly competitive rate of pay, a monthly bonus scheme, pension, discounted staff purchasing, WPA healthcare and long service benefits.
Finance Assistant - Polegate