Regional Manager - Sussex / Kent
Posted 1st May 2019
Parker Building Supplies is building Sussex and Kent’s future, one brick and block at a time. Wherever you are working you’ll find a Parker’s branch with knowledgeable staff ready to help and a delivery service second to none. We are proud to be Sussex and Kent’s favourite independent builder’s merchant. Our 15 heavy side branches are supplemented by specialist divisions, Parker Building Supplies, Parker Kitchens, Parker Plumbing Supplies, Parker Joinery & Parker Ironmongery
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Regional Manager to join our senior management team to support our business growth across Sussex & Kent. The role is responsible for leading a safe and operationally efficient region that maximises sales and profit. They look for opportunities to develop and grow the business and to achieve this, they motivate and inspire a team of branch colleagues and managers to achieve excellence.
Key Regional Manager responsibilities:
- Creates and communicates a vision for their region that engages and motivates others.
- Actively seeks new opportunities to grow and strengthen the Business within the region.
- Inspires the branch management teams to achieve high standards of presentation and management of stock in their branches.
- Analyses the P&L for the region; identifies the strengths and weaknesses in their branches and clearly communicates the actions required to branch managers.
- Demonstrates strong competitor awareness and encourages others to share their ideas on how to grow the business and build branch loyalty.
- Plans and organises their time to ensure business goals and objectives are achieved.
- Communicates and implements business change and encourages participation from others in the change process.
- Promotes the highest possible levels of customers service whilst looking for ways to improve our offer.
- Continually monitors the security within the region and acts immediately, when risks are identified.
- Ensures all Company policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensures that compliance is achieved in the management of health and safety and transport, and that Branch managers understand the importance of maintaining weekly/monthly checks and keeping training records up to date.
- Works with their branch management team and HR to ensure the region is resourced appropriately and that there is a good talent pipeline for future vacancies.
- Ensures that poor performance is managed promptly and objectively, according to HR policies and procedures.
- Trains and develops a team of branch managers who can create a positive branch culture, that engages and retains colleagues.
- Acts as a role model in the region by giving regular feedback to the team and celebrates when they have done a good job.
- Communicates effectively with Branch Support Centre Teams, to improve customer service, stock and in-store presentation.
What skills and knowledge are expected from you, to be successful in this role?
- Excellent leadership skills
- Change Management
- Remote Management
- Strong communication skills
- Proven commercial acumen
- An ability to engage and inspire Parker’s People
- An outstanding track record in health and safety
- Confident in managing the business planning process for a region
What behaviours are you expected to demonstrate at Parker Building Supplies?
- Good communication skills
- Ability to provide leadership
- Capable of driving success
- Ability to do this in a supportive environment
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
In return for your hard work, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- highly competitive rates of pay
- uncapped monthly bonus scheme
- company pension
- discounted staff purchasing
- WPA healthcare
- long service benefits
Regional Manager - Sussex / Kent