Posted 13th May 2019
Parker Building Supplies is building Sussex and Kent’s future, one brick and block at a time. We supply a huge range of building, plumbing and joinery materials alongside specialist ironmongery, kitchens and bathrooms from 15 locations across the region – so wherever you are working you’ll find a Parker’s branch with knowledgeable staff ready to help and a delivery service second to none. We are proud to be Sussex and Kent’s favourite independent builder’s merchant.
We have five specialist divisions covering the complete range of building materials, plumbing supplies, kitchens, joinery and architectural ironmongery – over 10,000 products all at competitive prices. Our 15 heavy side branches are supplemented by specialist divisions, Parker Building Supplies, Parker Kitchens, Parker Plumbing Supplies, Parker Joinery & Parker Ironmongery
ABOUT THE ROLE
Assist with the existing workload and eventually be able to take ownership of all aspects of the role. Ensuring deadlines are met efficiently and monitoring timescales to continue our high levels of service. Being on call to assist with the needs of the sales reps.
1) From initial enquiry stage, determining the customers’ requirements and converting enquiries usually doing a take-off from architect’s drawings and inputting into JMS. Sending the enquiry to the relevant supplier and once received carefully checking the accuracy of the quotation before issuing to the customer either by email or via the sales reps
2) Keeping files up to date through the negotiation process and making any adjustments to quotations as necessary
3) Overseeing the sign off process of ordering by initiating any required changes and producing sign off documents , having an eye for detail and maintaining high levels of concentration to check all specifications and details are correct before producing to the customer for sign off
4) Raising of purchase orders along with completing the order logs accurately to ensure all information is entered correctly .
5) Administering all procedures in the office helping to ensure delivery dates are correct and met and ensuring all systems are updated accordingly. Help to ensure all payments received on time etc
6) Dealing with customers or sales reps and notifying suppliers of any after sales issues and snags are rectified promptly and efficiently by liaising with suppliers
(And everything in between)
This is a technical sales role so experience working in a busy office environment delivery high levels of customer service is preferred
The individual will have the desire and drive to maintain high levels of service working under pressure in a busy office environment.
Must be very methodical and meticulous whilst having the ability to manage time effectively
Polite and professional in dealing suppliers, customers and colleagues via email and telephone.
Organised with paperwork and keeping records up to date in the form of physical files , emails , and spreadsheet logs
A desire to learn and become an expert in the supply of timber windows and doors to the trade and retail on both new build and refurbishment projects
Ability to research and understand new regulations, product changes etc
*Qualifications / Skills Required
Basic knowledge of Kerridge is desirable but not essential. IT skills and abilities particularly with Microsoft Office, with the ability to utilise these skills to adapt and improve the systems utalised. The role will also involve learning the JMS (Joinery Soft) system.
Knowledge of windows and doors and the relative building regulations would be beneficial but not essential (training will be provided to learn the relevant regulations , requirements and specifications of the products )
Excellent at Mathematics and Literacy to a satisfactory level. (GCSEs to a high grade in both is essential)
HOURS OF WORK
Full time – Up to 45 hours per week.
The branch opening hours are Monday to Friday from 07.00 – 17.30 and Saturdays from 08.00 to 12.30. You would be required to work 45 hours per week between these opening hours.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
In return for your hard work, we offer an excellent benefit package including a highly competitive rate of pay, a monthly bonus scheme, pension, discounted staff purchasing, WPA healthcare and long service benefits.
Joinery Sales Coordinator / Estimator – Uckfield - Uckfield