Your staircase is a central part of your home’s entire design. That’s why choosing a supplier, who provides the right quality and fit, is so important.
As the South’s leading timber staircase supplier, Multi-Turn know a thing or two when it comes to building and refurbishment projects. To help advise you on the common pitfalls to look out for when choosing your supplier, they’ve put together this useful guide.
1. Does the Supplier Have a Good Reputation?
Choosing a reliable supplier with a good reputation is half the battle. It’s easy for suppliers to make false claims about the service they provide. But by looking at their portfolio, credentials, previous reviews and case studies, you can be confident your staircase supplier has the right expertise to deliver the staircase you want.
2. What is Your Budget?
Whatever the scale of your project, it is important to set a realistic budget and stick to it. To ensure your project runs smoothly, communicate this to potential suppliers from the outset, along with your goals and vision. Good suppliers should be flexible and happy to collaborate with you to find the best solutions for your price range. Whether it’s adapting elements from their range to suit you, or offering different solutions.
3. Will You have to Take Your Own Measurements?
It is important to find out what is expected from you, as most suppliers will not carry out measurements on your behalf. If you have to take responsibility for the measurements, be aware that you are opening yourself up to errors that could result in costly amendments or replacements, not to mention added labour costs.
At Multi-Turn, the team always carry out a site survey and take full responsibility for the measurements, using the latest precision equipment. Their experienced team use these specs to make sure you get the best style and fit for your space, whilst being fully compliant with building regulations.
4. Do You Require a Tailor-Made Design?
Is a quality finish and bespoke look important to you?
Although many national suppliers can install staircases quickly, straight from their catalogue into your home, the standard materials and finishes mean you never get a truly bespoke look.
By choosing a specialist design team, the finishes and design options are endless and you will have a unique design that complements your home.
5. What Extra Value Can the Supplier Offer?
It can be daunting knowing which supplier to choose. You should look out for any value-added extras which may push one company’s service package ahead of another.
As our chosen staircase partner, Multi-Turn offer plenty of benefits to customers, including:
- Site surveys – As part of their Fit First Time Guarantee, Multi-Turn take complete responsibility for measuring your space and fitting your staircase in line with the latest building regulations.
- Priming and protection packages – Protect your staircase from damage whilst work continues on-site, saving on decorating labour.
- Adaptable manufacturing system – If any needs change on-site, Multi-Turn will quickly adapt to meet the new requirements.
- Flexible, on time delivery – Their experienced drivers will deliver and store your stairs correctly to minimise damage. They can stagger your deliveries, or change dates to meet your building schedules.
- Free bottle of glue with every order